Monday 31 January 2011

Before we get to 2011

After the walk i wanted to continue doing something and though the best way would be to try and help the ward where two of my children were born. As they were under (1 by just a day) 24 weeks i didn't go to the labour ward. With the help of some of the members of CWtR (cwmbran walk to remember) we managed to get a lovely donation together. On the day of delivery the weather was awful and what is normally at 25 minute round trip became almost two hours. It was worth it though as the nurses on the ward said that their ward can sometimes be forgotten when donations are made. The main aim was a camera as their had broken a few weeks before and the staff were having to use their own.
I also wanted to do something around christmas time to remember my boys and invited anyone who wanted to join me to come and launch some paper boats with a name and message on for our little ones. The weather was against me again and it was too cold and icy to meet up with anyone, so me and my oldest son took a walk to the local canal to try and find a bit of unfrozen water to see if we could launch them. Although it was cold it was a beautiful day and the sun shone off the water and the snow glistened.

1 comment:

ter@waaoms said...

I've told you this before, but you're awesome! :)