Monday 21 June 2010

Ink

Last week I bought something for myself that will remind me of my boys every time I look at it. It might seem strange to some people as I am not what the stereotype person is who has what I bought. Well not what my family deem to be the type of person. The gift was a new tattoo. All my tattoo's are in some way about my children. Each time I have had on its been in a place that I only get to see when walking past a mirror after a shower (with another 24lbs to loose that's not something I like doing ). So I got the lady to design it for me so it will be a one off. It's all healed now and I love it. I love the fact that it can be seen, because when someone asks me about I get to talk about why its there which means I get to say all my son's names.

The Koi symbolizes courage, the ability to attain high goals, and overcoming life's difficulties.
Legend tells of how any koi that succeeded in climbing the falls at a point called Dragon Gate (on the Yellow River) would be transformed into a dragon. Thus it became a symbol of worldly aspiration and advancement.
The Koi is about achieving my dream of a family. The 7 cherry blossoms are for my 5 boys Evan, George, Adam, Ryan & Daniel, Ian (my husband) and my Dad.


No comments: